The AOM Benefits Trust is committed to providing financial education and resources to support the health, wellness and financial security of our plan members. In this section, you will find information and education resources on a range of topics.
The presentations below were prepared for general informational purposes only. The opinions expressed are solely those of the presenters and not necessarily those of the AOM Benefits Trust. The AOM Benefits Trust gives no warranties nor makes any representation as to the accuracy, suitability, or reliability of the information. The AOM Benefits Trust assumes no liability arising in connection with the use of or reliance on the information by any person. The information is subject to change without notice, and any use or reliance on it is at your own risk. The information provided is not, and should not be taken as, legal or professional advice.
Investment and Retirement Planning
- The Basics of Investing
- Plan Now. Retire Later. (video) (presentation)
- Beyond the Basics: Investing (video) (presentation)
- Managing your Cash Flow
- Count on Yourself (video) (presentation)
- The Importance of Saving and Managing Debt (video) (presentation)
- Managing Debt: A resource list
Benefits and Wellness
- Benefits for Practice Administrative Staff (webinar held in 2014)
Newsletters and Briefs
View archived newsletters and briefs for AOMBT updates, important policy and program changes, as well as in-depth information about the benefits program.
- Benefits Brief - July 2017: TFSAs, finding a doctor, optional Critical Illness
- Benefits Brief - June 2017: LifeWorks orientation sessions, Trustee updates, financial education
- For Your Benefit - Spring 2017: Mental wellness, benefits news
- Benefits Brief - November 2016: Investing, retirement planning, claims submissions
- Benefits Brief - September 2016: Medical evidence of insurability, Equitable Life updates, new financial resources
- For Your Benefit Issue 6 - Spring 2016: Support for caregivers, new financial and benefits resources, home buyer's plan
- For Your Benefit Issue 5 - Winter 2016: Trustee changes, biologic drugs, and naturopath regulation
- For Your Benefit Issue 4 - Fall 2015: Benefits admin transition, wellness in the workplace, RESPs
Please note: newsletters more than two years old are not posted as they may include outdated information. If you would like a copy of any archived newsletters, please contact Allison Jack.