The Association of Ontario Midwives Benefits Trust (AOMBT) is a separate legal entity from the Association of Ontario Midwives (AOM), and is governed by a Board of Trustees. There are 10 Trustees on the Board. 1 of these Trustees is appointed by the AOM Board to the AOMBT. The Executive Director of the AOM is also a Trustee. The rest of the Trustees are nominated and elected by the midwifery membership for 3 year terms.
The goal of the Trust is to ensure that the program’s objectives are met and that the program remains viable over the long term. It is also the responsibility of Trustees to ensure that all aspects of the benefits program remain competitive, and that it is administered competently and cost-effectively.
The AOMBT supports the financial, physical and mental wellbeing of plan members and their families throughout their lives. We provide an exemplary, responsive, internally equitable and externally competitive benefits program.
Our vision, strategic directions and priorities
- The AOM Benefit Trustees are accountable to plan members.
- The AOM Benefit Trustees are mandated by the Trust Agreement to be ethically, fiscally, and legally responsible for the AOMBT.
- The Trustees use best practices and exercise prudence and due diligence in managing the program.
- The AOM Benefit Trustees ensure that the AOMBT is financially sustainable.
- As an organization, the AOM Benefits Trust is member-focused and works to establish flexible, accessible, appropriate and responsive benefits and services, which meet the needs of plan members.
- The AOM Benefits Trust provides a balance between collective sharing and individual choice.
- The AOM Benefits Trust values and embraces the principles of dignity and diversity in every facet of the work that is undertaken.
- The AOM Benefits Trust engages plan members in the development of strategic goals.
- The AOM Benefits Trust keeps plan members informed about the work of the AOMBT through regular communication.
- The AOM Benefits Trust honours the needs of plan members at various life stages.