The AOM Benefits Trust is committed to providing financial education and resources to support the health, wellness and financial security of our plan members. In this section, you will find information and education resources on a range of topics.
Disclaimer: The following presentations were prepared for general informational or educational purposes only. They does not constitute specific advice regarding your personal financial or investment situation or provide specific individual advice about investment, insurance, financial, legal, accounting, tax or similar matters. Any opinions expressed are solely those of the presenters and not necessarily those of the AOM Benefits Trust. Where quoted, past performance is not indicative of future performance. The AOM Benefits Trust disclaims and gives no guarantees, undertakings, warranties nor makes any representation as to the accuracy, suitability, or reliability of the information provided by it or third parties. The AOM Benefits Trust assumes no liability arising in connection with the use of or reliance on the information by any person. The information provided and this disclaimer is subject to change without notice, and any use or reliance on it is at your own risk.
Investment and Retirement Planning
- The Basics of Investing
- Plan Now. Retire Later. (video) (presentation)
- Beyond the Basics: Investing (video) (presentation)
- Managing your Cash Flow
- Count on Yourself (video) (presentation)
- The Importance of Saving and Managing Debt (video) (presentation)
- Managing Debt: A resource list
Benefits and Wellness
- Informed Choices: Your Benefits Plan
Newsletters and Briefs
View archived newsletters and briefs for AOMBT updates, important policy and program changes, as well as in-depth information about the benefits program.
- Benefits Brief - February 2018: Monthly invoice submission, filing your taxes, heart health month
- Benefits Brief - January 2018: Financial fitness, upcoming webinar, keeping your resolutions
- Benefits Brief - December 2017: OHIP+ prescription coverage, retirement planning
- Benefits Brief - October 2017: Travel benefits, optional insurances, sleep wellness
- Benefits Brief - July 2017: TFSAs, finding a doctor, optional Critical Illness
- Benefits Brief - June 2017: LifeWorks orientation sessions, Trustee updates, financial education
- Benefits Brief - March 2017: Tax changes, managing your cash flow, avoiding CRA scams
- For Your Benefit - Spring 2017: Mental wellness, benefits news
- Benefits Brief - November 2016: Investing, retirement planning, claims submissions
- Benefits Brief - September 2016: Medical evidence of insurability, Equitable Life updates, new financial resources
- For Your Benefit Issue 6 - Spring 2016: Support for caregivers, new financial and benefits resources, home buyer's plan
- For Your Benefit Issue 5 - Winter 2016: Trustee changes, biologic drugs, and naturopath regulation
Please note: newsletters more than two years old are not posted as they may include outdated information. If you would like a copy of any archived newsletters, please contact Allison Jack.